Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, March 11, 2013

Spotlighting


Good day!!! Welcome!!  Today's post is a quick show and tell of a technique called Spotlighting! I have had this Hello Doily stamp for a little while now and sadly, this is my first time using it:(

Here is a little closer look at the spots where the technique is taking place.  Can you tell just from the photo above?


So are you asking what "Spotlighting" is?  Well, it is where you take an image and highlight, for lack of better terms, a certain part of that image.  What i did here was i took my Doily image and stamped it, using Soft Suede Ink, once on my card back, which is a piece of Very Vanilla cut at 4" x 5 1/4" and then stamped it again on another scrap piece of Very Vanilla.  Then, i used my 1 1/4" Circle Punch and punched out a few circles on my scrap piece of the Very Vanilla and then lined it up on my actual card base to make just that part of my image stand out!  And that's it!!  It is just a little something to highlight a certain part of a card!  Neat huh?

Well, that is my quick post for today! I hope you all enjoyed and until next time...
Signature Fonts
Image by FontMeme

Supply List:

Stamps:
*Hello Doily
*Blooming with Kindness

Inks:
*Soft Suede
*Riding Hood Red

Card Stock:
*Soft Suede
*Very Vanilla

Tools:
*1 1/4" Circle Punch
*1 1/2" Circle Punch
*Paper Trimmer

No comments:

Post a Comment