Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Easter Oval


Hello there!!  Today's card is a fun and vibrant Easter card using a few different DSP's and a fun little Easter image from the set Everybunny!  Have i mentioned lately how much i love this set?  It is an older set but you know what they say... an oldy but goodie!!!

For my background i wanted the card to be "fun" so i decided to go with 3 different patterns of DSP.  One thing i love about doing cards like this is that your DSP doesn't always have to perfectly match...you can play around with fun different designs, patterns and colors and somehow, don't ask me how, but it always seems to work.  At least i think that it does!!

I used a petite paper pack from Lawn Fawn for my DSP (pack measures 6"x6").  I cut my bottom and top pieces approximately 4 1/4" x 3" and placed them on the top and bottom of my card.  Then, i took a piece that i used for the middle, cut at approximately 4 1/4" x 2".  To add a bit of something to my middle piece of DSP i took a piece of scrap Purple Ribbon and tied it into a side bow, then cut my image out on a piece of Whisper White using my Creative Memories Oval cutters.  For those of you that are familiar with CM, i used my Green cutter with my medium Oval for my Whisper White and then my Red Cutter for the same Oval for my Elegant Eggplant which i used to "frame" my image!  Here is a closer look at this adorable stamp set that i used today:
I stamped my image in my Memento Black ink so i could use my Copic markers to color it. I find that with Memento ink, when coloring with Copics, the outline ink doesn't smear or "run".  I have tried it with other inks such as StazOn and regular black ink and have found that ink runs when the Copic Ink touches it, so that is why i recommend Memento Ink (lol just an F.Y.I.)

A quick reminder before i head out for the day, don't forget that Sale-A-Bration is only on until the 22nd of this month, that means that there is just a little over a week where you can still earn free goodies with every $50 you spend (before tax and s/h).  Click here to check out the complete brochure of SAB!!!

I hope you all enjoyed today's easy/crazy colored card today!! I hope to see you again! Until next time...
Signature Fonts
Image by FontMeme

Supply List:

Stamps:
*Everybunny

Inks:
*Black Memento Ink
*Copic: Yg03, E57, E31, B21, RV21

Card Stock:
*Whisper White
*Lawn Fawn Petite Paper Pack
*Elegant Eggplant

Tools:
*1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch
*Scallop Oval
*Purple Ribbon
*Paper Trimmer
*Creative Memories Cutting System (ovals)
*Snail
*Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment