Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cracked Glass


Hello there!!  So, i am obsessed with the heavy Duty Embossing Enamel and the "Cracked Glass" technique! It seems all the cards that i am crating lately have this technique on them or something to do with the Enamel.

Today's card is a friendship card that i made, using the Cracked Glass Technique. The card measures an average of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" in Soft Suede.  I used a great Papertrey Ink image, A Little Argyle #4 in some Soft Suede Ink and made my image go half way up the page to make the backing for my card.  I got out an old SU! set, On the Grow, to help my creation! I love getting old sets out every now and again. Takes me back and breaks me from using the same "newer" sets over and over again.


Above is a closer picture of the "cracked" image.  Once the image was dry, i took a Dauber and pushed in some Early Espresso ink to help the cracks stand out.  My layers for my image measure, Early Espresso- 3" x 2 3/4", Wisteria Wonder- 2 1/2" x 2 1/4", and Very Vanilla- 2" x 1 3/4".  Using my copic markers i colored in the vase and the flowers (see supply list for color codes).

Here is the Heavy Embossing Enamel that i have found and really like the way that it works:

I found it at my local craft store and i think spent about $10.  Well all, hope you enjoyed today's card as much as i liked making it.  Until next time...
Signature Fonts
Image by FontMeme

Supply List:

Stamps:
*A Little Argyle from Papertrey Ink
*Thank you for Being My Friend from Hero Arts
*On the Grow (retired) from SU!

Inks:
*Memento Tuxedo Black
*Walnut Stain Distress Ink
*Soft Suede

Card Stock:
*Very Vanilla
*Wisteria Wonder
*Soft Suede
*Early Espresso

Tools:
*Copic B21; YGo3; BV02
*VersaMark
*Melt Art Embossing Enamel
*Heat Tool
*White Embossing Powder
*Embossing Buddy
*Paper Trimmer
*Snail

No comments:

Post a Comment